In the words of Helen Keller “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much”
Following on from winning the Best Adviser to Work For award for the fourth time at the Professional Adviser Awards last week and being part of the company Senior Leadership Team, I would like to take this opportunity to pay homage to the fantastic team I work with.
For us to achieve this accolade our team provide feedback on what their experience of working for Informed Financial Planning is like. In the four years that I have worked for IFP and the growth in numbers to 33, I believe that we have not lost the family feeling and the people that we work with are what makes it such an amazing place to work.
Despite working full time in a busy and demanding environment, I am astounded that the team still find time to study and give their own precious time up for others. There are so many individual achievements that the list would be endless but here are a few:
- 22 exam passes on average per year
- 25 participants in Race for Life in 2019
- 3 of our Financial Planners have been awarded Annual CII Young Achiever of the Year – 2017, Joe Sanders; 2018, Josh Richardson; and 2019 Charlene Coulbeck
- Josh Richardson, a Chartered Financial Planner, was in Hull & Humber top 30 under 30 in 2019 and Jessica Crawford, Head of Business Development in 2020
- Ellie Dickens our Technical Administrator won Rising Star category in the Hull and East Yorkshire People in Business 2019 Awards
- Rachel Naulls, Senior Paraplanner was Highly commended in the Grit category in the Hull and East Yorkshire People in Business 2019 Awards
- In 2018, Joe Sanders & 2019, Josh Richardson were awarded New Model Adviser Top 35 under 35 accolade
- Sarah Williams our Head of Finance and Paraplanning was awarded the Simon Williams award for her degree
- Kevin Ferriby, our Managing Director, rode his bike to Wembley for Rugby League Cares in 2018 & 2019
And following all that this year the team plan to:
- Run a marathon relay for Cat Zero
- Take on the Yorkshire 3 peaks in July
- Race for Life (again!)
The last couple of years have been a difficult time for the IFP family, with members of our team facing up to some very difficult health challenges. Like always, though, we rallied round and came out the other side, together.
The awareness and discussion as a result of this gave the team the idea to establish a Wellness Team to support each of us with not just the extreme cases but also the day to day stresses that occur for all of us. Additionally, the vulnerable client training that has played a large part in our Training and Development over the last year has made us all more aware of how fragile we are and what we can do to support our clients and each other.
With the Wellness team it is not just the hug when you need it but also raise awareness of those that are close to us could be suffering with Mental Health. They are a constant source of uplifting ideas. For example, on Blue Monday, I turned up for work to be greeted by a lovely card, some chocolates and smiley face balloons around the office. Another great yet simple example is the creation of our feel-good playlist, each staff member picked a feel-good song and this is played in the office when the team need a boost.
After reading this you will now understand why I am so proud, blessed and thankful to work with all these amazing people. No matter how large or small each contributions is, it makes us the team we are.