Informed Financial Planning pride ourselves on the education and training we provide for young individuals. We offer graduate trainee positions and apprenticeship schemes within the firm and are delighted to introduce you to our latest apprentice, Bethany Jones. Beth started working for us in October 2014 and to help you get to know her, we held a quick fire Q&A session and here are the results;
15 Q’s & A’s with Apprentice, Beth Jones
1) Tell us about yourself: My full name is Bethany Jones and I am 18 years old (turning 19 in July). I was born and raised in Hessle, East Yorkshire.
2) What was your life like before Informed Financial Planning?: After leaving Hessle High School in 2011, I went straight to Wyke Sixth Form and studied Accounting, Law, Business & English Language. I then had a short stint working at Sainsbury’s before commencing my apprenticeship!
3) What does your social life look like?: I love spending time with my family & friends. I often go for weekends away to different cities and I love to play netball.
4) Name your favourite food: Nachos, I love Nachos.
5) Name your dream holiday: I really want to see the Northern Lights, Becky (Informed Financial Planning’s Operation Director) has recently seen them whilst in Lapland to get married and I am JEALOUS.
6) You are stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you take?: 1) Nachos (I love Nachos), 2) soap because I hate to feel dirty and 3) a surf board so I don’t get bored.
7) If you could have dinner with a celebrity, who would it be?: Sandra Bullock, she seems super fun and my type of girl.
8) What is your most memorable moment to date?: Leeds Festival in 2012. I listened to Foo Fighters in the rain and cried because I was so overwhelmed at how fantastic they were.
9) What are your career aspirations?: A successful career in finance, but it has to be a job that makes me happy.
10) What made you apply for Informed Financial Planning?: I’ve always wanted to work in finance and after researching Informed Financial Planning, I felt that it was the type of organisation that could provide me with prospects and a brilliant career.
11) What do enjoy most about your role?: I am a really sociable person and my role involves a lot of meeting and greeting. This is perfect for me and suits my personality. I also get a great sense of satisfaction knowing I have helped someone in relation to their finances.
12) What do you enjoy least about your role?: Tea duty, I actually don’t mind making tea but the staff here drink about 254 cups a day.
13) What was your first impression of Informed Financial Planning?: The staff made me feel very comfortable on my first day. The people here are helpful, friendly and always up for a good laugh.
14) If you could spend 1 day living the life of a colleague, who would it be?: Gregg – he has a fast car.
15) A genie grants you 3 wishes, what would they be?: 1) Health and well wishes to all of my family, 2) to own a nacho station and 3) to build a career at Informed Financial Planning.