IFP IN THE COMMUNITY
At Informed Financial Planning, we feel it is important to give back to our community in more ways than just the financial expertise we can provide.
That is why a number of our staff, and our business as a whole, take part in numerous charity and community projects each year. We even sponsor local organisations and select a new “Chosen Charity” every 12 months.
See below our latest endeavors:
- Last year a large portion of our staff all took part in the Race For Life raising over £2,700 for Cancer Research, and this year we’ll be doing it all again!
- Senior Financial Planner, Darren Goodall, ran a marathon raising £2,000 for the charity Will’s Way
- Head of Finance & Paraplanning, Sarah Williams, donates one day of her time a month to help out homeless charity Emmaus
- Managing Director, Kevin Ferriby, has for the last 2 years taken part in cycling challenges for Rugby League Cares, last year raising £2,700 for cycling from Huddersfield to Wembley Stadium
- Chartered Financial Planner, John Copsey, is a trustee of the Ferens Education Trust
- Last Christmas we donated to a local food bank with donations from all of our employees
Donations & Sponsorships
- We back local businesses such as the Kilnwick Percy & Brough Golf Clubs along with Lionheart Boxing Academy
- We also sponsor local talent playing for the likes of Beverley ARLFC, East Hull ARLFC and Stanningley SARLFC
- We also help out with the Emley Brass Band‘s annual festival and the Sailors Children Society
Each year Informed Financial Planning choose one charity to focus our community work around. For 2020, this charity is CatZero, an incredible organisation who support people of all ages with underlying issues to help them overcome barriers preventing them from moving into education, training or employment.
So far we have planned to;
- Take part in a relay marathon as part of Danny Watson’s 30 Marathons in 30 Days
- Take on the Yorkshire 3 Peaks this Summer
You can find out more about CatZero here.