"An excellent service all round. We mainly dealt with Charlie and had help from Zoey too. Great knowledge and advice regarding pensions. Cannot fault it at all. If was possibly to give 11 out of 10 we would. Would highly recommend."
Retirement Advice: Looking to the future with confidence
We believe that every client is unique with your own circumstances and aspirations for the future. Forging long lasting relationships, we have guided many clients up to and beyond retirement, helping them to achieve long-term financial security.
Whether you are looking to spend more time with the family, extended holidays or a quiet retirement, we can help you look to the future with confidence.
Our retirement advice grows alongside your pre and post-retirement lifestyle, readily adapting to your evolving plans.
The Benefits of Retirement Advice
Achieving Your Retirement Goals
Get the retirement you deserve with peace of mind, after all, you’ve worked hard for it for all those years!
Added Tax Benefits
We help manage income/capital by maximising the long-term tax benefits, such as income tax relief, estate management and IHT planning.
Protecting Your Assets
Long-term planning can help avoid forced asset sales, allowing you to retain those most important to you. Keep what you’ve earned!
Investing for Retirement
Over the years your approach to investing for retirement will change, typically focusing on growth in the early days and a balanced approach towards retirement.
Our retirement advice covers not only investing for retirement but also after you leave employment. We are here to provide help and guidance every step of the way with regular reviews.
Planning is the key to a stress free retirement, enjoy it!
Why Informed Financial Planning?
Retirement planning - we’ve seen it all
We’ve been a part of thousands of people’s retirement planning journeys and helped them from start to finish, through the highs and the lows. Don't worry, you are in very safe hands!
Bespoke investment platforms
Using cutting edge software, we can provide cash flow forecasts well into retirement. Our proactive approach helps avoid any unwelcome financial surprises.
Step-by-step specialist support
Retirement advice isn't a one-way street. You'll have a dedicated team of experts supporting you in making the right decisions to grow that retirement pot.
Are employer contributions to retirement plans taxable?
No, employer contributions are made gross straight into your pension. This means no tax is deducted.
If you own a business, your company may benefit from corporation tax relief when it comes to employer contributions, as they may be classed as a business expense. But this is not always the case, and you must meet the ‘wholly and exclusively rules’ laid out by HMRC in order to qualify.
Can you cash out a retirement plan?
Yes, but generally not until you have reached the ‘normal minimum pension age’. This is currently 55 and is increasing to 57 in 2028. If you have reached this age, you can cash out, but it is always worth speaking to an adviser first to ensure you are completely aware of the tax implications.
Generally, 25% of your pension is tax-free and the remaining 75% is taxable. If you take taxable income, it can restrict how much you can contribute to pensions in the future which is one of the many reasons why it is always worth getting advice.
How might inflation affect retirement planning?
Naturally, as time goes by the prices of various items go up due to inflation. For example, in 10 years, milk and bread will likely be much more expensive than today. As pensions are generally invested, any investment growth you achieve can protect your funds against the effects of inflation.
The idea is that over the long term, your funds grow in line with or above inflation. This protects the ‘purchasing power’ of your funds meaning you can still buy as much milk or bread as you do today.
"The whole process was very easy, it wasn't made complicated and every single step was explained to me. A representative from Informed Financial Planning, came to my house, I didn't feel pressured and I could back out at any time."
"This is the most professional company I have ever dealt with in all of my 59 years they took the time to find out what my needs where & fulfilled all my wishes if I could give 10 stars I would."