There are plenty of things IFP are proud of, just one is our status as a Chartered Firm.
Did you know? IFP were the first firm in Yorkshire to be accredited as a Chartered Firm of Financial Planners.
But what does being Chartered actually mean?
Being named as a Chartered Firm is our way of declaring our commitment to uphold professional standards.
We are members of the Personal Finance Society, whose aim is to increase the professionalism and technical knowledge across our industry.
To sit alongside this, we are always looking to invest in our staff with a view to increasing their knowledge and competence within their roles. The more we can develop our staff, the better our service becomes for our clients.
We are also bound by a strict code of ethics, which covers areas such as:
- Abiding by all laws and regulations
- Acting with the highest ethical standards and integrity
- Acting in the best interests of all clients; and
- Treating people fairly
Most importantly, we are always looking to exceed the minimum standards when it comes to customer outcomes, qualifications, and service.
How do you become Chartered as firm?
To maintain our status as the only independent (more on that HERE), Chartered financial planner firm in East Yorkshire, we need to meet certain standards, these include ensuring:
- At least one of our Board members is a Chartered Financial Planner. We have four, which is 100% of the board members who are qualified Financial Planners.
- At least 50% of our advisers are Chartered Financial Planners. Our percentage sits at 86%, with our most recent adviser recruit well on their way to attaining individual Chartered status.
- 90% of our staff are members of the Personal Finance Society. We hit a brilliant 97% here!
- There is a professional development programme in place for all staff. Every staff member has their own bespoke training and development plan. Ensuring our staff develop their own careers in financial services is incredibly important to us!
Ultimately, we feel being a Chartered firm is the pinnacle. We believe this commitment allows us to provide the highest level of service to our clients and maintain the utmost levels of professionalism in an industry that has often been tarnished by scams and all-round bad eggs.
If you would like to see how a Chartered Firm can make a difference to your financial future, please get in touch with our team.